As we hope and pray that the end of winter is getting near, we all start to get the “vacation bug”. Warm weather, beach and sun here we come!! Every time I head out on vacation I find myself venturing onto Pinterest to find out what other people pack for that destination and look for ways to condense my packing. I’ll let you in on a secret, I have a packing problem. It’s Legit. I way over pack everywhere I go. Ask anyone who knows me well, they will confirm this and probably laugh and maybe even share a story about traveling somewhere with me and my 50 bags;) Anyway, I thought since I love to read and hear about what other people pack for their trips that I would do a post about what our stylists here at the salon say are their MUST HAVE beach and vacation products when packing for a trip.
We will start with my “MUST HAVE” list- I’ll condense it to the ones I couldn’t live without and spare you the 57 other things I throw in my bags at the last min “just in case”;).
- Loreal Nutrifer Conditioning Masque– This conditioner has been my go to product for the last 15 years. I am not lying. They reformulated it a few years back when it was called Intense Repair and changed it slightly and when I heard about it I thought Id have a heart attack. Good thing it came back bigger and better than ever and It’s still my favorite product ever. This conditioner is amazing for restoring moisture and shine to your hair and keeping it healthy while you punish it with hours of fun in the sun.
- Bed Head Urban Antidotes Recovery Shampoo– This shampoo showed up on quite a few of our “Must Have” lists, and for good reason. Not only does it smell amazing, It helps restore moisture to hair that has seen its fair share of sun, wind and ocean and pool water. It also is nice for colored hair and protects the color without stripping it out.
- Shaper Hairspray– This has been my go to hairspray for years. I love the light hold on the hair and that it is still brushable and soft after using it. The smell isn’t one everyone loves- to each their own;)
- Dermalogica Eye Makeup Remover and Sunscreen– You will never find me on vacation without these 2 Dermalogica products. The eye makeup remover is a gel and it instantly removes waterproof eyeliner and waterproof mascara, both of which I never leave the house without wearing. The Sunscreen is Spf 50 and the ONLY sunscreen I can use due to an allergy to sunscreen. This one works great, isn’t greasy and is water resistant.
- Glop and Glam Creamsicle Spray– this one is a more recent favorite but very quickly became a must have product for both me and my daughter. It works as a leave in conditioner and detangler as well as static guard and a moisture spray when the hair is curly and feeling dry.
So there is my list of Must Have products for packing. Here are some of our other stylists lists.
Lori– Loreal Vitamino Shampoo – Amazing color protecting shampoo that smells so good! Undone texture spray, Spray wax, Texturizing Paste ( you can tell she likes texture in her hair). Masterpiece Hairspray from Bedhead. Dermalogica tinted Moisturizer (this one is awesome to get your spf, moisture and a little bit of color if you don’t want to put on full blown makeup on vacation!)
Hannah– Frizz Dismiss Shampoo, Conditioner and Serum- This whole line is great for helping smooth and tame hair with its anti humidity properties. Dream Coat- one of our top selling products that is the PERFECT travel companion. Spray on wet hair and dry it in as it is heat activated. This product lasts in the hair for 3 shampoos. It helps add shine, moisture and smoothness to the hair. Chi Hairspray- our top selling hairspray. Smells amazing, great hold but not crunchy . Leaves the hair touchable and shiney.
Alysa– Bedhead Recovery Shampoo and Conditioner as mentioned above. It’s a 10 leave in spray, Super skinny serum (both these products are great for smoothing down wild, humidity wrecked hair.) Sculpting foam- adds some volume to your hair if you are someone whose hair tends to get limp in humidity. It helps hold and tame scrunched curls if you have naturally curly hair.
Last product packing tip- Look for travel sizes and stock up on them for vacation when they are available. They seem to only be in stock about twice a year, so if you see them, snatch them up! If you cant find your favorite products in travel size, all drug stores and walmart sell empty travel size bottles that you can easily pour your products into and still keep them under the 3oz. approved carry on size for planes. Another tip, put your bag of products into a few plastic bags before putting it into your suitcase. Trust me on this one, your clothes and everything else in your suitcase will thank you when that bottle of face wash bursts open at 36,000 feet!;) What are some of your must have products for traveling and vacation?? Feel free to comment, we’d love to hear from you!